[OS X TeX] Re: Context problem

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Oct 15 11:26:15 CEST 2004

On 15 Oct 2004, at 9:28 am, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> TL 2004 does not use the  .efmt etc extensions anymore. Every
> extension is .fmt and most engines are just links to pdfetex which
> changes its mode depending on how it is called.
>
> Format creation therefore mixing old and new are problematic. This is
> true with XeTeX as well.

I'm aware of this change; currently, the XeTeX 0.88 installer attempts
to patch fmtutil so that it will know about the .xfmt extension (can
anyone confirm whether this works?). The correct fix is probably to
change xetex to use .fmt as well. (I haven't had time to try the TL
2004 setup myself yet; "real work" calls!)

JK

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>