[OS X TeX] how to handle window-mania?

Michael S. Hanson mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Thu Oct 14 21:26:48 CEST 2004

On Oct 14, 2004, at 3:06 PM, Jack Kuipers wrote:

> For those of you who are currently working on several documents at the
> same time --- I would strongly suggest you get Virtual Desktop;
> especially. if you are using Mac OSX. It allows instantly switching to
> an independent full-screen (up to 100 --- I use 6).
	[snip]
>   You can use more than one window for independent TeXShop
> applications. I ALWAYS use (at least) one window for TeXShop,
	[snip]

	Just to clarify your above message:  is it possible to assign the
windows corresponding to (say) two different TeX document triplets
(source, console & output) to two different virtual desktops -- and not
have Virtual Desktop (Pro) (or TeXShop, say)  eventually mix them up?
Can this be accomplished with a single instance of TeXShop.app running,
or have you somehow enabled duplicate copies to execute simultaneously
and independently on your system?

	An alternative approach for some folks (but at roughly the same price)
might be to use DragThing -- it has the option for a palette that shows
all currently open document windows.  (A bit like a dock for open
documents, for those who haven't tried it.)  A colleague swears by it,
although I never quite grew accustomed to it myself and thus let the
demo expire.  YMMV.

                                         -- Mike

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>