[OS X TeX] From Textures to XeTeX

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Oct 14 14:32:46 CEST 2004

On 14 Oct 2004, at 1:14 pm, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> On 14.10.2004, at 14:07, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> On 14 Oct 2004, at 1:05 pm, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>>
>>> It's also no longer necessary to convert special TeX ligatures to
>>> their UTF-8 equivalents, like --, --- to – and —, the latest version
>>> of XeTeX (0.88) does this automagically (no special package
>>> required).
>>
>> ....provided that you specify "mapping=tex-text" as an option when
>>

> Can you please elaborate on that? Where do I have to put this? In the
> .fd files? At \usepackage{fontpackage}?

It needs to ultimately be part of the \font definition that XeTeX sees,
as in

	\font\myfont="Lucida Grande:mapping=tex-text" at 12pt

For integration with LaTeX/NFSS, it should be put into the .fd files
where the actual font name is specified. (People writing support
packages for OS X fonts might want to provide a way to load them either
with or without such a mapping; I guess that's for .sty/.fd authors to
consider.)

JK
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>