[OS X TeX] pstricks in pdftex and xetex

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Wed Oct 13 10:05:12 CEST 2004

Hi Dalyoung,

Dalyoung wrote on 13.10.2004:

>Dear Jan,
>
>I also had a problem to use beamer class in XeLaTeX mode. But I got
>crashed output. Hence, I gave up to use it in xetex. Bruno's code
>and Your partial success give me a hope to use it. I'd like to know
>what are in the preamble in your beamer file. Would you please give
>a sample of it?

After posting my success message, I ran into more problems using pgf and configuring beamer. I was able to make xelatex produce landscape slides with beamer finally (using the -papersize=landscape option on the CL, but decided to wait some weeks (months?) before giving the combination a fifth try.

In principle, the following code produced some output (which I send to you off-list):

\documentclass[landscape]{beamer}
\setlength{\unitlength}{1mm}

\DeclareFontFamily{U}{verdana}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{verdana}{m}{n}%
     {<-> "Verdana"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{verdana}{m}{it}%
     {<-> "Verdana\space Italic"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{verdana}{bx}{n}%
     {<-> "Verdana\space Bold"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{verdana}{b}{n}%
     {<-> ssub * verdana/bx/n}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{verdana}{bx}{it}%
     {<-> "Verdana\space Bold\space Italic"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{verdana}{b}{it}%
     {<-> ssub * verdana/bx/it}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{verdana}{m}{sc}%
     {<-> "Verdana:Letter\space Case=Small\space Caps"}{}
\renewcommand{\encodingdefault}{U}
\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{verdana}

\usepackage[english,ngerman]{babel}

\mode<presentation>
\beamersetleftmargin{0cm}
\beamertemplatesolidbackgroundcolor{white}

\useframetitletemplate{
    \colorbox{gray!30!white}{%
        \begin{picture}(297,30)
            \raisebox{5mm}{\hspace{3mm}\textbf{\LARGE \insertframetitle}\hfill}
            \put(230,0){\includegraphics{247realmedia.pdf}}
        \end{picture}
    }
}
\useheadtemplate{}
\usefoottemplate{}

\begin{document}

\frame{%
\frametitle{RealMedia}
Graphic file follows\\
\includegraphics{247realmedia.pdf}

Text comes here.
}

\end{document}

Best,

Jan
--
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>