[OS X TeX] From LaTeX to XeTeX (was: Verdana font package?)

christopher ciotti chris_ciotti at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 15:47:17 CEST 2004

On Oct 11, 2004, at 9:32 AM, Jan Eden wrote:

Hi Jan -

Adobe Garamond Pro is an Opentype font yes?  You need to use slightly
different syntax.  Below is the fd file I use for Caslon Pro.  You
should be able to modify it to suite your needs (check with TextEdit
for the right name).  To find out which Opentype features are
available, I recommend Eddie Kohler's Typetools package (available via
the i-Installer).  From the command line, say (sans quotes) "otfinfo -f
AGaramondPro-Regular.otf" and you'll get a nice list.

Enjoy.

\DeclareFontFamily{U}{CaslonPro}{}

\DeclareFontShape{U}{CaslonPro}{m}{n}%
      { <-> "Adobe\space Caslon\space Pro: +kern, +liga, +onum" }{}

\DeclareFontShape{U}{CaslonPro}{m}{it}%
      { <-> "Adobe\space Caslon\space Pro\space Italic: +kern, +liga,
+onum, +salt" }{}

\DeclareFontShape{U}{CaslonPro}{m}{sc}%
      { <-> "Adobe\space Caslon\space Pro: +kern, +liga, +onum, +smcp"
}{}

\DeclareFontShape{U}{CaslonPro}{b}{n}%
      { <-> "Adobe\space Caslon\space Pro\space Bold: +kern, +liga,
+onum" }{}

\DeclareFontShape{U}{CaslonPro}{b}{it}%
      { <-> "Adobe\space Caslon\space Pro\space Bold\space Italic:
+kern, +liga, +onum" }{}

\DeclareFontShape{U}{CaslonPro}{b}{sc}%
      { <-> "Adobe\space Caslon\space Pro\space Bold: +kern, +liga,
+onum, +smcp" }{}

\DeclareFontShape{U}{CaslonPro}{bx}{n}{ <->  ssub * CaslonPro/b/n }{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{CaslonPro}{bx}{it}{ <->  ssub * CaslonPro/b/it }{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{CaslonPro}{bx}{sc}{ <-> ssub * CaslonPro/b/sc }{}

--
chris ciotti <chris_ciotti at yahoo.com>
http://www.keyserver.net/en/

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>