[OS X TeX] Macdvix and Ghostview query

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Oct 6 01:24:46 CEST 2004

Am 05.10.2004 um 16:09 schrieb Jesse Billett:

> Using Macdvix's "view as ps" option, which produces a postscript file
> viewed by Ghostview, I get a document much larger than I get with
> "view as pdf"

I think Ghostview has the idea of a 72 DPI resolution screen. It
probably depends on the printer's resolution whether the PS file is
chosen to have 300, 600, 1200 DPI resolution. Preview knows about the
actual screen resolution and does not count in pixels but in
dimensions, i.e. it tries to display a document at 90, 100, 300 % of
its actual size.

I remember that you can set MacGhostview to display a document at 288
DPI. This will bring you the Preview like view.

--
Greetings

    Pete

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>