[OS X TeX] Buying TeX Fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Oct 4 22:43:45 CEST 2004

Le 4 oct. 04, à 18:41, ADITYA D TRIVEDI a écrit :

>   I was looking at the possibility of buying fonts which work well
> with TeX (for math stuff). So I guess I just cant buy any PostScript
> font. I have looked at the usual places to buy - YandY, PCTeX,
> Micropress, etc.
>   I was wondering if people who have bought a math TeX font can share
> their experiences about the vendor and the product. For instance
> mathtime is available from both YandY and PCTeX. Which one is better?

According to that recent thread on comp.text.tex
<http://groups.google.fr/groups?hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF
-8&threadm=415EF4C4.22FE2E5%40quantentunnel.de&prev=/
groups%3Fnum%3D25%26hl%3Dfr%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF
-8%26group%3Dcomp.text.tex%26start%3D25>, brought to our attention
earlier today by Maarten Sneep, Y&Y is off business, at least
temporarily, which leaves only the PC TeX option for MathTime, and no
option at all for Lucida.

There's still (I hope) the Blue Sky TeX Systems option, but (at least
when I purchased my fonts, years ago) only MathTime 1.1 is available,
not MathTime Plus, and for both MathTime and Lucida the fonts arere
provided on floppies in Mac OS 9 format, which means some conversion
for use on OS X on a recent mac with no floppy driver.

HTH,

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>