[OS X TeX] Audience of the OS X TeX list

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Oct 4 09:42:21 CEST 2004

Hi all,

It seems our list is getting -- Google effect -- a much wider audience
than we ever thought it might have, far outside TeX territory! Here's a
message I just received this morning (Paris time):

> Chere Professeur Voisin
>
> Am writing to ask if you posted the following message
>
> 				"Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] Version 1.35c
> From: "Julien Salort" Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 08:33:27 +0200
>
> Bruno Voisin  wrote:
>
> > So far for getting the significance of error codes I had always been
> > using the very old (1991) System Errors Table 3.1 Desktop Accessory.
> Of
> > course, it did not know -10660. Probably I should update my sources
> of
> > information!
>
> I usually quick open MacErrors.h in XCode.
> However there is no -10660 there."
>
> at:
> http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:5PAU4fW7RNwJ:www.esm.psu.edu/mac-
> tex/MacOSX-TeX-Digests/2004/MacOSX-TeX_Digest_09-06
> -04.html+apple+error+code+10660&hl=en ?
>
> I am using Family Tree Maker for the Mac = a genealogy program and got
> the -10660 error in trying to open the 'Family Tree Maker Help' file
>
> Has this error been identified?
>
> With thanks
>
> Sincerely
>
> [deleted identity]
> Lafayette, Californie
> Etats-Unis

(Regarding the topic of the message, I answered with quotations of the
answers, from 4 and 6 September, of Jonathan Kew and John Rawnsley.)

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>