[OS X TeX] AlphaX and TeX (was: Moving to OS X finally)

Joachim Kock jkock at start.no
Fri Oct 1 23:38:00 CEST 2004

Herb Schulz wrote:

> What do I have to do, within AlphaX, to get it running with pdflatex or
> other "engines" (please forgive the TeXShop/iTeXMac style of reference)
> and use TeXShop as a display engine?

Just press Shift-Cmd-R.

Should work out of the box.  For more information (and more control)
refer to the tetex Help file in Alpha's Help menu).

(This is the most recent interface where typesetting takes place inside
Alpha, and TeXShop is spawned only as viewer.  There is also a more
classical interface, more in the style of the good-old Alpha/OzTeX
combination: Here you press Cmd-T and you'll get a dialogue asking you to
choose a TeX impementation.  Just navigate to TeXShop and press OK.  This
will let TeXShop take care of everything.)

Joachim.

Få din egen @start.no-adresse gratis på http://www.start.no/
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>