[OS X TeX] decimal numbers in Applescript

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Nov 30 18:57:40 CET 2004

My efforts of writing a little Applescript application that can rival
Textures flash mode - in conjunction with an excellent pdf viewer like
TeXniscope - have been successful. The script checks the file in
question in a regular interval, the default is 0.5 sec, which is fine
on my machine, but might be a little bit too fast on others. Therefore,
this parameter should be user adjustable by entering a different value
in a preference file.

My guess now is that I don't have to worry about the particular number
format. If the user enters the number, or the decimal number, according
to his system formats, then the Applescript application will understand
it, even if it has been created on a system using different formats.

Could someone, more knowledgeable than me, please confirm or deny.

Claus

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>