[OS X TeX] bash: rtf2latex2e: command not found ??

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Nov 30 00:26:25 CET 2004

On 29 Nov 2004, at 16:20, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 29 nov. 04, à 15:39, Steffen Wolfrum a écrit :
>
>> The Terminal says
>>
>> $PATH
>> -bash:
>> /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-
>> darwin-current: No such file or directory
>>
>> Up to now I didn't change anything (have a fresh 10.3.6 installation
>> and upon that some current i-packages, that's it).
>> I am very carefully, for Gerben always stresses that he does NOT
>> recomment to use the terminal at all i.e. change path settings when
>> working with i-installer.
>>
>> So, what can be done?
>
> In i-Installer, with the TeX i-Package, you may try running the
> Configure stage (possibly selecting Expert mode, I'm not sure) and
> select the CLI Activation stage. This will add in /etc/csh.login and
> /etc/profile lines, that will add /usr/local/bin to you path. Then, in
> Terminal you will get:
>
> $ echo $PATH
> /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/
> powerpc-apple-darwin-current
>
> and rtf2latex2e will be find through its alias:
>
> $ ls -l rtf2latex2e
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  admin  38 17 Nov 15:12 rtf2latex2e ->
> /usr/local/rtf2latex2e/rtf2latex2e.bin

/usr/local/bin is not added by the TeX i-Package (as it does not
install anything there). It is added by the Ghostscript package.

There is just an omission that not all packages that install in
/usr/local/bin come with the tool (setloginpath) to add /usr/local/bin
to the default PATH (from the back of my head). This is a todo.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>