[OS X TeX] iInstaller and manually installed components

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 29 18:04:17 CET 2004

Am 29.11.2004 um 17:10 schrieb Stephan Hochhaus:

> I would like to know if any of you have ever tried to use Gerben's
> distribution with some manually installed components (such as
> ImageMagik, Ghostscript or Freetype).

Go ahead: remove the old programmes from the extra i-Packages and use
modern software! The core i-Packages and software installed via Fink,
darwinports or directly from off the public domain make a perfect team.
Gerben's extra i-Packages are no must, they're there for your
convenience.

Did you notice the discussion on TeXniscope? It's as easy to integrate
into texdoc as Preview or TeXShop. All you have to do is take care that
your path or PATH variables point to all repositories of binaries, to
all directories named bin, i.e. the usual bunch plus those like these
here: /opt/bin, /usr/local/bin, /sw/bin.
--
Greetings

   Pete

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>