[OS X TeX] Customizing Emacs.

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi at pito.com
Mon Nov 29 15:45:20 CET 2004

I'm speaking of having keyboard shorcuts bounded to some frequently
used LaTeX commands, such as \emph{}, \mbox{}, \frac{}{}, ^{}, _{} and
other, like Alpha did in past times. (Actually I know Alpha is still
there, but for several reason I prefer to stay with emacs now).
Furthermore I'd be very very happy to make AucTeX AMSLaTeX aware, it
should sound strange but I've not ever been able to get it working. :-(

And yes, I've read the f***ing manual but it's so terse that was of no
help (at least for me). I've also asked for help on AucTeX list, but it
seems that my questions were too basic for those guys. :-(

Just a little example. If I try to type '\em' and then hit M-tab or C-c
C-m I can't get the expected (and desired) completion '\emph{}'

Another example. When I want to type in an equation with, let say, the
integral symbol it should be nice to have a dialog that asks for lower
and upper bounds of integration and return the right LaTeX input.

Anyone here has ever managed things like these?

Thanks in advance,
   Andrea.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>