[OS X TeX] Palm/Mac Latex editor

Felix Grasser fgrasser at dplanet.ch
Mon Nov 29 13:42:49 CET 2004

Hello José,

> I'd like to at least view (but hopefully also make minor edits) to
> latex source files on my Palm *and* have them synched with my Mac.
> I've done a bit a research (ok... just googling) but I'm so "green"
> I'm sure I'm just missing the obvious.

I am using a sony clié running palm os 5 with a memory stick expansion
card. Sony supplies a utility on the palm allowing the memory stick to
be mounted as an external drive (with mark/space's missing sync).

I simply set up a synchronisation software (I use chrono sync, but I
think anything similar should work as well) to sync my working latex
directory with the memory stick on the palm.

On the road, SiEd (www.benroe.com) can directly read and edit the .tex
files from the memory card.

hth
felix