[OS X TeX] Compiling Texniscope from source

Frederick Hoyt fmhoyt at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Nov 28 22:56:14 CET 2004

On Nov 28, 2004, at 3:34 PM, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 29 Nov 2004, at 5:31 AM, Frederick Hoyt wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the Texniscope source distribution, but did not find an
>> Install or Make file there. Could someone advise me as whether it is
>> (a) possible to compile Texniscope for X11, and if so, (b) how?
>
> (a) I'm sure it's not, since it is a Cocoa application.
> (b) Why not use xdvi?

Mostly I use gv, because I use several packages which produce
ps-visible-only output (in particular tree-dvips.sty).

However, I like the "loupe" ("magnifying glass"?) and screen-splitting
functions in Texniscope (and xdvi, for that matter), which is why I
ask.

Thanks,

Fred

> Regards,
> Will

> List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>

"Email is a wonderful thing for people whose role in life is to be on
top of things. But not for me; my role is to be on the bottom of
things. What I do takes long hours of studying and uninterruptible
concentration."

-Donald Knuth

Frederick M. Hoyt
Linguistics Department