[OS X TeX] [editors] TextMate

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Fri Nov 26 09:47:05 CET 2004

Will Robertson wrote:

>This folding idea is something I've had in the back of my mind for
>ages, and I think it could be a huge feature for a TeX editor if
>extended further to include curly braces and section commands and so
>on. (This is extensible, so it could be done easily by someone who
>knows regular expressions well.)

Indeed, I think this folding is about the only area where TextMate really has any particluar advantage over e.g. BBEdit, but for me, its (TextMate's) lack of AppleScript support and general immaturity that make it, at best, one to keep an eye on.

The folding approach can be had "in spades" if you prepare your bulk text in an outliner such as OmniOutliner or TAO. OO in particular has nice scripts for exporting passable LaTeX from an outline such that you don't have to do all that much cleaning up afterwards. You scarifice syntax colouring whilst writing though.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>