[OS X TeX] Praise for TeXniscope

Eckhard Giere Eckhard.Giere at web.de
Thu Nov 25 17:13:25 CET 2004

Hi,

I'ld like to join the praise of TeXniscope. Having used OzTeX  together
with Alpha(X) for a long time I enjoy working with TeXniscope.

Nevertheless I have a problem with synchronisation in both directions.
I followed the instructions on the website and set the paths for alphac
and the editor arguments as described. By the way: Is there a
difference between +%d %s and +%d "%s$ ? I found both.

Furthermore, I put the two lines mentioned into the prefs file for
AlphaX. I took these two lines from the source in
../TeXniscope/Contents/Resources/alphaTeXniscopeForward.tcl. Also I
configured AlphaX such that TeXniscope is the DVIviewer both by giving
the appropriate signature for the helper applications as well as in the
prefs file for TeX....

Here are my problems:
TeXniscope -> AlphaX: Using Cmd-Click I jump to the point in the source
I visited before but not the  point related to the one I clicked on in
the preview.

AlphaX -> TeXniscope: Since I am using a German keyboard I use the menu
to start synchronising because sometimes the commands do not work from
the keyboard. As a result I get: "Sorry, jumping to the currrent source
line in your viewer isn't impemented for your viewer..."

Any help is appreciated.

Eckhard

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>