[OS X TeX] Praise for TeXniscope

Massimiliano Gubinelli mgubi at mac.com
Thu Nov 25 14:04:30 CET 2004

On 25 Nov 2004, at 12:08, Jérôme Laurens wrote:

> Le 25 nov. 04, à 10:53, Joachim Kock a écrit :
>
>> Bravo, Massimiliano,
>> thanks a lot for your good work.
>>
>> Despite its young age, TeXniscope is already the best previewer on
>> OSX!
>> (in the opinion of Yours Sincerely, anyway).
>
> I do agree.
> When shall we have a sourceforge or so project and a framework to
> include TeXniscope features in our frontends?

  TeXniscope code is avaible under GPL. I like the idea that the viewer
part be integrated in the frontends. For the framework it would be nice
to understand which features should be implemented to allow the viewer
to integrate seamlessy with programs like iTeXMac and TeXshop.
I do not know how sourceforge works. Neither I think I would like to
spend time to manage a sourceforge account if it is not really
necessary.

As an aside remark for willing programmers: the key bindings editor
used in TeXniscope is available as an independent piece of software
(look at my web-page) so that it could be easily integrate in e.g.
TeXshop (I think iTeXmac already has - Laurens is very prolific).

massimiliano

PS: thanks to Joachim for his comments on txs.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>