[OS X TeX] Who should use (La)TeX - who is able to use it?

Luis Sequeira lsequeir at fc.ul.pt
Wed Nov 24 16:34:25 CET 2004

>Thank you, Joseph
>
>I use TeXShop ie TeX/LaTeX but I am not familiar with metapost, mfpic,
>and/or  xfig.
>Are they packages, graphics apps, or utilities. They are discussed
>where?
>I have been converting all my figures (in Superpaint) from whatever to
>eps. Then, using
>pkg eps2pdf to put them in pdf format. Not very successful for me.
>Sorry for being so dense. Tell me where and I'll find out about what
>needs doing.
>Thanx,
>
>Jack

If you have to convert a lot of image files to eps or to pdf, you can
do it very quickly with Graphic Converter. It has a "Convert and
Modify" command that can do this in a batch. And it opens over a
hundred and fifty different graphics formats, so I bet whatever
format Superpaint used it will work (I vaguely remember trying
Superpaint quite a few years ago - a sort of a cross between MacPaint
and MacDraw :-))

Graphic Converter is shareware and you may even have it in your mac
(it was bundled with new macs for a while, I don't know if it still
is); you can look for it in www.versiontracker.com

Luis Sequeira
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>