[OS X TeX] EPS vs PDF figures

Chris Goedde goedde at cascade.phy.depaul.edu
Fri Nov 19 19:28:04 CET 2004

Hi all,

I'm in the process of transfering my TeX workflow from an HP/UX
machine to my new G5 iMac. I currently use EPS figures and
dvips+ghostscript. I have a couple questions.

(1) Is there a pdf replacement for the psfrags package? If not, what
do people who use PDF figures do to place TeX text on them? Is this
where things like Equation Editor come in?

(2) How do people here typically produce EPS figures under Mac OS X
from programs like Excel and Matlab? Under OS 9, there was an option
when saving to a file to save as an EPS. This seems to be gone under
OS X, the only choices I see are PDF and Postscript, not EPS. Maybe
I just need to install/use some other printer driver?

Thanks,

--
Chris Goedde
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>