[OS X TeX] Please do not use Reply-To unless it's really a reply

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Nov 18 16:55:54 CET 2004

To all posters:

Please, when posting to this list, do not use your mailer's Reply-To
button unless you're really posting a reply to a previous message.
Otherwise, this messes up the way OS X Mail organizes messages in
threads.

For example, Mail considers "Linguists' trees and pdf" and "Referring
to arbitrary labels?" as one single thread, because the first message
in "Referring to arbitrary labels?" was created as a reply to a message
from "Linguists' trees and pdf". If you look at the full headers from
this first message, you'll see that they contain:

which apparently is used by OS X Mail to identify this message as a
part from the other thread.

This is a limitation of OS X Mail, obviously (I've not tested the same
in Thunderbird or Mozilla Mail yet), but for the moment we have to live
with it.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>