[OS X TeX] A modest proposal

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Wed Nov 17 20:51:51 CET 2004

Claus Gerhardt <gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de> writes:

> It appears that the insistence of "plain text only" messages is caused
> by the digested version of the list, the merits of which I don't know
> nor do I want to know.

If you are posting to a public mailing list or indeed to any other
forum it should go without saying that the smallest common denominator
in technical terms sets the technical standard everyone should keep
to. Plain text in email is the only standard every mailreader can
handle. It is a matter of courtesy, too.  Period.

I gather that this indeed _is_ a mailing list for TeX on the Macintosh
which is of particular interest to Macintosh users. However, I
understand that it is also read by users working on other platforms
(have a look into the header of this mail for one).  Using RTF in
email seems rather outlandish. I have never heard of this before. It
seems to be special to Apple Mail. I do not know a mailreader for
Windows or Linux that can do with RTF, but if you know one, would you
please let me know.

Juergen.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>