[OS X TeX] LaTex and the new professor (was D'oh!)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 17 13:12:51 CET 2004

Good speech!

Some milleniums ago, I hardly remember, I wished to have some templates
around just to fill in. Soon, within a few years I think, I found that
there are much too many styles or classes around to achieve this goal:
you might need a zillion of them, all possible and insane combinations
too.

It would be no great effort but of great merit to have a place where
corrections for buggy commercial cls files are kept, where users could
deposit their own creations as a self-explaining template. I myself
would like to have a broader choice between more letter formats, for my
own personal use or to re-design some company's or department's letter
head in LaTeX. What tricks could be used to lead the words from page 2
back to the first one? I still have to invent such things ...

And a poll: what classes are actually used? How many where created once
and never again used? Couldn't we split them between theoretical ones
and those of practical use? (actual thoughts of a non-scientific LaTeX
user)
--
Greetings

   Pete