[OS X TeX] microtype problem

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 16 19:56:07 CET 2004

On 11/16/04 12:21 PM, "Gary L. Gray" <gray at engr.psu.edu> wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2004, at 1:08 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> 1. try to load microtype as early as possible
>
> I tried that too (though it seems that it should be loaded after
> lmodern according to Herb Schulz's message).
>
>> 2. try the latest version from the *EXPERIMENTAL* because it has an
>> updated microtype
>
> I will try that, but the strange thing is that it works for a friend on
> exactly the same document.
>
> -- Gary

Howdy,

When I do

\usepackage{lmodern}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{microtype}

All is well, if I put the microtype statement before all the others I not
only get lots of messages but I also get a messages saying it couldn't find
\begin{document}, etc. This is with microtype 1.4, the one that just came
out. Obviously a problem here.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>