[OS X TeX] hz, pdftex-1.20b and i-installer

Steffen Wolfrum macosx-tex at st.estfiles.de
Tue Nov 16 09:23:30 CET 2004

Hi Gerben and all,

I was wondering about the bad hz results with pdftex 1.2a (working with ConTeXt).
Then, yesterday I found this promising post on pdftex-list (pdftex at tug.org):

The Thanh Han <hanthethanh at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if you have decided to upgrade pdftex, then my suggestion is to upgrade
> to pdftex-1.20b-beta2, which is available at pdftex.sarovar.org/src
>
> This version fixes most of the pending problems and I plan to leave it
> untouched for a while, unless some bugs are found. 1.20a has some
> serious problems with the hz extensions.
>
> Thanh

Is it possible that there might be an i-installer update to pdftex-1.20b-beta2 ?
If not, can you give an adive on how to update it manually on an existing gw tetex system?

Steffen
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>