[OS X TeX] Problems with pdfsync

Felix Grasser fgrasser at dplanet.ch
Tue Nov 16 09:15:07 CET 2004

> I use pdfsync and TeXShop and I encountered something strange. I'm
> currently working on my PhD thesis which has the size of something
> over 160 pages. For some reasons pdfsync ceases to work after page 26.
>  Whenever I Apple+Click on page 1–26 everything works fine and TeXShop
> jumps to the right place, everything after 26 does nothing. I checked
> out whether I use some special LaTeX command on this site  special on
> this site, but I don't use anything I don't use before.
>
> Any ideas?

Well, I don't know if there is any connection but I also found that
pdfsync is not working for me in certain cases. This typically occurs
when typesetting a document consisting of various source documents.
Typesetting the document with certain source documents open allows to
pdfsync between the output and those open source documents (or in the
preview --> source direction even without the source already being
open). Opening another source doc through the menu (i.e. open or open
recent) allows to navigate to and from that part of the source as well.

After closing that just opened source document and re-opening it with
Matthew Hills' "Open Selection" applescript, pdfsync does not work for
that part of the document anymore (for source --> preview navigation,
the preview --> source navigation still works).

Closing that source document again and re-opening it again through the
menu (or dragging the file on the TeXShop icon) restores the ability to
pdfsync in both directions.

Is your problem also related to a multiple source documents project,
Simon?

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the above behaviour seems to occur?

Felix

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>