[OS X TeX] Re: Who should use (La)TeX - who is able to use it?

david craig dac at panix.com
Mon Nov 15 05:49:29 CET 2004

> Is a "normal" user generally capable to use  LaTeX?

As you describe a "normal" user, I think the answer is a categorical
"no".  (Well ... "capable", typically yes; "willing" probably not.  Nor
does it strike me as an especially good idea.  What's the payoff for
the effort?)

What would be the point, really?  Such users already have tools that
serve them perfectly well, whatever their limitations for our crowd.
TeX is for people who need the level of control that it offers,
especially vis a vis mathematics.

David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>