[OS X TeX] no figures in a ps (OT?)

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Nov 15 00:57:13 CET 2004

Hi Ross,

On Nov 14, 2004, at 14:56, Ross Moore wrote:

> Rather I suspect that the imported images reset the PostScript
> page-device,
> causing earlier material on the page to be discarded.
> This would be due to importing a .ps (rather than .eps ) file for a
> figure,
> where there is a complicated header section that uses PostScript
> operators that are forbidden for EPS files.
> Textures' header is very complicated, and I've not yet located where
> the trouble is triggered, or whether there's an easy way to fix the
> problem.

FWIW, I was able to get a readable PDF with figures by running the
original file "file.ps" through ghostscript first with `gs
-sDEVICE=pswrite -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=new.ps file.ps`, then
distilling "new.ps" with PStill.  Panther's distiller might also work.

Distilling file.ps directly with PStill produced figures in the wrong
location, and some of them appeared decomposed (as if the layers were
separated?).

hth,
Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>