[OS X TeX] Changing configurations (was: %&format under ...)

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 11 21:35:18 CET 2004

On 11 nov 2004, at 21:25, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> It is better to add this to /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf than changing
> the one Maarten points to. The one Maarten points to is overwritten on
> every install of TeX Programs. The one in /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf
> is saved as a copy when you configure TeX and it has been changed with
> respect to the default one. The /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf contains
> overrides for the one Maarten is writing about.

Can this other configuration file also be used to override other
parameters? For some of the larger pictures (metapost -> mptopdf) I
need to enlarge both pdflatex and mpost to the largest sizes for some
of their parameters. It would be nice if the system remembered those
changes (or if they could be made in a location where they can be
merged with your defaults (taking the largest of the two...)

You still need to read the other though, as all parameters are
explained there...

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>