[OS X TeX] scripting BBEdit (was Tabular/array macros)

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Tue Nov 9 01:18:27 CET 2004

On 9 Nov 2004, at 1:52 AM, Jan Erik Moström wrote:

> But ... I don't understand what you want to do.

This whole discussion started when I suggested that when writing a new
applescript dictionary for iTeXMac, Jérôme should use the same syntax
as BBEdit to simplify writing scripts that work in both.

Then hopefully TeXShop will follow suite as well.

For example, it is annoying having to write:

if texapp = "TeXShop"
	do such-and-such TeXShop command
else if texapp = "iTeXMac"
	do some iTM command
else if texapp = "BBEdit"
	do some other BBEdit command
end if

all to perform something that should be a one-liner.
Perhaps with Mac OS X 10.4, Apple will build more generic applescript
functionality into Cocoa documents, but I don't think we can rely on
that.

Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>