[OS X TeX] scripting BBEdit (was Tabular/array macros)

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Mon Nov 8 15:07:49 CET 2004

Jérôme Laurens wrote:

>> Unfortunately, an Applescript dictionary doesn't tell a programmer how
>> to implement these classes and commands in an application; instead
>> this is part of a learning process, but I am sure that there are
>> enough knowledgable people subscribed to this list who can help either
>> directly or by giving hints.
>>

>One thing that might be of great help and could completely avoid the
>learning process you mention, would be to take a look at the resource
>file where BBEdit declares its apple events and applescript syntax,
>what is gathered in the .scriptSuite and .scriptTerminology under
>cocoa, I don't know really where it lies in a carbon app.

Now I'm confused.

Perhaps you could explain what you are trying to do Jerome ? I assumed that you are considering writing an/some AppleScript(s) (or an ASS app ?) (or some AS-related code in another app (e.g. iTeXMac)) which involve(s) BBEdit.

Such "deeper" knowledge would only be required for something else. Right ? (Everything that BBEdit allows you to do with AS is exposed by and detailed in the ASD. Anything else is (so to speak) off-limits.)

A "something else" (such as obtaining some of BBEdit's "AS code" would require the cooperation of Bare Bones Software. So, Jason's suggestion to contact them is probably the best one.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>