[OS X TeX] scripting BBEdit (was Tabular/array macros)

Jérôme Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Mon Nov 8 14:25:44 CET 2004

Le 8 nov. 04, à 13:58, Claus Gerhardt a écrit :

> One must distinguish between creating applescripts and making an
> application (apple)scriptable. From my experience only actual
> applescripts (and shell scripts) deal with tex related stuff. The
> scripting commands and classes an application has to understand are
> more universal and related to finding and selecting text, moving the
> cursor, opening and refreshing documents. In that respect BBEdit's
> Applescript dictionary might be a sufficient source for the classes
> and commands applications like TeXShop and iTMac have to know.
>
> Unfortunately, an Applescript dictionary doesn't tell a programmer how
> to implement these classes and commands in an application; instead
> this is part of a learning process, but I am sure that there are
> enough knowledgable people subscribed to this list who can help either
> directly or by giving hints.

One thing that might be of great help and could completely avoid the
learning process you mention, would be to take a look at the resource
file where BBEdit declares its apple events and applescript syntax,
what is gathered in the .scriptSuite and .scriptTerminology under
cocoa, I don't know really where it lies in a carbon app.

Could not find any info at BareBones for that...
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>