[OS X TeX] scripting BBEdit (was Tabular/array macros)

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Mon Nov 8 12:55:05 CET 2004

Jérôme Laurens wrote:

>However, nothing appears directly related to TeX.

Well, BBEdit doesn't make a big song and dance about TeX. (It only does this with (X)HTML.) However, there is adequte TeX syntax colouring (autoactivate when you save with a .tex extension), a very detailed LaTeX glossary available and some excellent scripts.

>Moreover, I did not manage to find the technical specs concerning
>AppleScript printed out somewhere.
>Can you dig into the app bundle for files where all the apple script
>specs are declared?

There is a LOT of AppleScript information in the BBEdit Manual (in the App bundle and available from the help menu as an indexed PDF), but for the nitty gritty, the best way to "learn" is to examine its (massive) applescript dictionary e.g. with Script Editor, Script Debugger or Smile.

hth,

mark.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>