[OS X TeX] scripting BBEdit (was Tabular/array macros)

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Nov 8 12:49:51 CET 2004

>After a glance at the manual Claus mentionned, it appears that things
>have really changed since I got into it. However, nothing appears
>directly related to TeX. Moreover, I did not manage to find the
>technical specs concerning AppleScript printed out somewhere. Can you
>dig into the app bundle for files where all the apple script specs are
>declared?

I did see that comment but BBEdit has always been very powerful, only a
few things were overhauled in v.8.

The easiest way to see what it can do is to open the scripting
dictionary - not sure if that is what you meant. There is a command
under the script menu for this or the usual 'drop application onto
Script Editor' method. But I think you must already know that (just
checking as I am not used to digging into app bundles!)

You won't find an editor with fuller scripting support, put it that way.
It's really much easier to reply to specific points...
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>