[OS X TeX] installer problems with Greek fonths

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Nov 7 11:43:23 CET 2004

Am 06.11.2004 um 20:54 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> I think there's a problem here: the fonts are 77.7 Mb uncompressed,
> and the tar gzipped archive 71.5 Mb. Possibly a separate i-Package,
> similar to CM-Super?

Yes, that's true. The advantage of using PostScript fonts is lost wenn
every design size becomes its own font (programme).  Someone with the
right programme should try to unite all the different sizes to one
file. Good hinting should be able to establish the recent, maybe
optimized, shapes.

I think too that cbgreek should become an extra i-Package for those
that really need it.

On a different topic: during my installations I tried a few times to
add local maps. This did not work because the mechanism to do so is not
implemented yet. At least that's the comment in the log window. Gerben,
are you still aware of this?

--
Greetings

   Pete

If all else fails read the instructions. - Donald Knuth

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>