[OS X TeX] Fourier in TL2004

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Nov 6 14:39:18 CET 2004

On 11/6/04 6:53 AM, "André Valentin" <Andre.J.Valentin at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At last, yesterday (November 5), I decided to update my TeX
> installation to TL2004.
> Then I found all was working fine. I use the package Fourier (with
> utopia fonts): all-right!
>
> But, this morning (November 6), as I was checking for updates with
> i-installer, I discovered
> a new TeX, which I installed again (expert mode).
> Alas! I am no more able to use Fourier:
> -------------------
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/fourier/
> t1futs.fd)kpathsea: Running mktextfm futr8t
> mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1;
> nonstopmode; input futr8t
> This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.3)
> kpathsea: Running mktexmf futr8t
>
> ! I can't find file `futr8t'.
> <*> ...:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input futr8t
>
> Please type another input file name
> ! Emergency stop.
> <*> ...:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input futr8t
>
> Transcript written on mfput.log.
> grep: futr8t.log: No such file or directory
> mktextfm: `mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode;
> input futr8t' failed to make futr8t.tfm.
> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
>
> ! Font T1/futs/m/n/10=futr8t at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
> not found.
> ------------------
>
> I didn't notice Fourier.map while choosing maps, during config. stage.
> Must I install Fourier myself, or is it an omission?
> Any help will be appreciated.
> (beside replying to the list, could you send a private mail, for me to
> avoid waiting for the digest...)
>
> Andre

Howdy,

Looks like the fourier map isn't set up. The fourier.map file should be in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/fonts/map/dvips/fourier/
(/usr/local/teTeX/ can be opened via the link /Library/teTeX/) in TL2004.

To make sure the map is loaded give the command

sudo updmap --enable Map fourier.map

in the Terminal program. You'll have to enter your administrator password
(sudo asks for it).

Hope that helps.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>