[OS X TeX] Tabular/array macros

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sat Nov 6 06:18:06 CET 2004

Hi Jérôme,

I've come back to my applescript project briefly, but I've run into
trouble again. You kindly fixed the following applescript behaviour:

> tell application "iTeXMac" to edit "the/full/path" at line nnn

But as it turns out, this is not what I wanted, because it doesn't
select the line, it only highlights it. The selection remains where it
was. (In this case, perhaps "edit" is not a very good name for the
command.)

So looking back in the dictionary, I find iTeXMac has a "select"
command, but it too is broken, as far as I can tell:

tell application "iTeXMac"
	tell the text of the front document
		--select character 7
		--select word 7
		select paragraph 7
	end tell
end tell

The three select commands do the exact same thing: select the 7th
-character- of the document text. Not very useful for my purposes.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this before iTM 2?

Regards,
Will
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>