[OS X TeX] Re: textools --fixtexmftrees : parse error !

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Nov 4 13:45:19 CET 2004

Am 04.11.2004 um 13:25 schrieb Maarten Sneep:

> On 4 nov 2004, at 12:54, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> In .tcshrc you should use
>>
>> set path=($path /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
>> /usr/local/bin ...)
>
> Well, no, you shouldn't. Don't get me wrong: if you _were_ to add
> certain paths to your search path, this is the correct way to do it
> when your shell is tcsh. _But_ if you install TeX with i-Installer
> (like the path above suggests), this path is _already_ added to the
> global definitions, and you should not add it to your path variable
> again. The same is true for bash: a correct and full install will add
> it to the global definitions.

*Sorry*: I did not want to make you add something, I only wanted to
show and explain the correct way. Maarten is right: the path to TeX
does not need to be included in ~/.tcshrc. During installation some
files in (/private)/etc are augmented to make TeX usable.

(Adding anacron to cron might be a good idea.)
--
Greetings

   Pete

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>