[OS X TeX] Re: textools --fixtexmftrees : parse error !

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Wed Nov 3 13:36:44 CET 2004

> Gerben Wierda <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:
>
>> On 3 Nov 2004, at 00:48, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>>
>> What does
>>
>> 	ls -l /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/
>>
>> give for output?
>>
>> Second, you use tcsh, it seems. Have you tried
>>
>> 	rehash
>>
>> ?

> % sudo rehash
> Password:
> sudo: rehash: command not found

No, not 'sudo rehash' but just 'rehash' (rehash is a built-in command in
tcsh). Don't add sudo unless I ask you.

Anyway, I would advise you to do a logout, a login and a start of
Terminal. After you have done that, type

    which texexec

it should respond

/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/texexec

Still, all this stuff shoul dnot be necessary (most people shoul dbe able
to work with TeX without using the command line at all). But we'll see
what is blocking you anyway.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>