[OS X TeX] Re: textools --fixtexmftrees : parse error !

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Wed Nov 3 00:20:56 CET 2004

On 2 Nov 2004, at 23:53, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Gerben Wierda <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:
>
>> On 2 Nov 2004, at 13:01, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>>
>>> Same bad results:
>>>
>>> [powerbook:~] steffen% sudo ruby
>>> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/scripts/context/ruby/textools.rb
>>> --fixtexmftrees /home/steffen/Library/texmf
>>> -:1: parse error
>>
>> This happens when there is a newline between ruby and
>> /usr/local/teTeX/share...... As a result, ruby starts and tries to do
>> /usr/local/teTeX/share.... which of course does not work.
>>
>> Copy/paste is a dangerous thing ;-)

> I have to admit I also typed the linebreak manually - cause I thought
> it is necessary...
> It' a shame, but all this commandline-stuff still is not very clear to
> me (old-school mac-user?).
> But I try to learn.
>
> And now, after fixtexmftrees worked I have the problem that texexec.pl
> is not found anymore. As far as I understood by now this is a problem
> of %PATH.

No. It is called texexec without the .pl extension.

It is here: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/texexec

> But which entries I have to change/add in which file?

Nothing. If you use my distribution, the general rule is that you a) do
not need the command line and b) do not need to change any
configuration (the i-Package takes care of that).

> [powerbook:~] steffen% echo $SHELL
> /bin/tcsh
> [powerbook:~] steffen% echo $PATH
> /opt/local/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/
> powerpc-apple-darwin-current:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/
> bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current

There is some doublure here. Just remove anything you did in ~/.tcshrc

> Si do I add
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/scripts/context/perl/
> /Users/steffen/.tcshrc

Repeat: no.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>