[OS X TeX] mac emacs, xdvi, and auto dating of xdvi

Peter Cholak Peter.Cholak.1 at nd.edu
Mon May 31 04:59:03 CEST 2004

I made a small change in

http://www.nd.edu/~cholak/dotemacs.el

to allow xdvi to auto update after each latex job even if xdvi is in
the background.  This can easily to changed to do the same if using
plain tex.  This does require one to add the proctools to the system
hence it is not the default in the above file.    Look at the file for
details.

I must admit I am looking forward to the next release of tetex and
hopefully the tex with the i-Installer, as the xdvi shipped with the
beta has some very nice features in terms of auto update.  One does not
have add any addition packages to the system.

-Peter