[OS X TeX] Awkward interaction between TeXShop and CVS

Fernando Pereira fcnpereira at mac.com
Thu May 27 00:12:24 CEST 2004

I do my collaborative writing with the help of a shared CVS repository.
Unfortunately, this confuses TeXShop. If I save a changed file foo from
TeXShop, and then do the usual update-commit steps to save the changes
to the repository, the next time I go to the still open foo window,
make changes, and try to save them locally, TeXShop complains that it
cannot find the file for the window. The reason for this is probably
that TeXShop kept track of the file for the window through its inode,
while the result of update-commit is actually a new file (different
inode). This problem does not occur when editing with Emacs or BBEdit
and using their built-in CVS commands. Is there some way that TexShop
could work more harmoniously with CVS? What I have to do now is to
remember to close open windows for files being committed, which is a
pain for multi-file documents.

-- F