Please no: [OS X TeX] set environment variables forapplications

Kino quinon at rio.odn.ne.jp
Tue May 25 16:58:19 CEST 2004

On May 25, 2004, at 23:33, Adam Maxwell wrote:

> On 25 May, 2004, at 09:16, Kino wrote:
>
>> $PATH set in the environment.plist is not effective for commands
>> executed in Terminal if I'm not mistaken.
>
> I set CVS_RSH=ssh and SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/501/SSHKeychain.socket in
> environment.plist for precisely this reason: that they are available
> to cvs/ssh when run from Terminal, CVL, XCode, Fugu, and other apps.

Ah, those variables are available also in Terminal? So $PATH is treated
differently? If I don't define it in ~/.profile, $PATH set in
/etc/profile is used and that in environment.plist is ignored in
Terminal. Perhaps because a command called by ^R in Xcode would not be
executed via login shell?

Kino