[OS X TeX] Newer Latin Modern

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon May 24 17:25:23 CEST 2004

On 24 May 2004, at 4:13 pm, Will Robertson wrote:

> PS Of course, it's another matter entirely if Mac OS X will *support*
> this optically scaled font I'm hypothetically creating...

True, but one mildly encouraging note is that it does at least support
the optical scaling axis in the old Type 1 Minion MM font, as can be
verified by using this font with XeTeX. The AAT-info.tex sample file
for XeTeX, run with Minion MM Roman, reports three supported axes of
variation, Weight, Width, and Optical Size.

(Perhaps I should note, before somebody else points it out, that it
fails to count the number of glyphs, illustrating that
\XeTeXcountglyphs and \XeTeXglyph currently work only with TT and not
T1-based fonts. That's one for the To Do list....)

JK