[OS X TeX] Re: [MacTeX] Newer textcomp.sty?

Adrian Heathcote adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au
Thu May 20 16:36:55 CEST 2004

Hi All

This latest version of textcomp.sty is seriously amazing!

>> The one at cam.ctan.org (British CTAN site)
>> <ftp://cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/unpacked/textcomp.sty>
>> is:
>>
>> \ProvidesPackage{textcomp}
>> [2004/02/22 v1.99f
>>                 Standard LaTeX package]

The freedom that it gives to typesetting in postscript fonts other than
the TeX standards, if used in line with the material/tutorial in the
new LaTeX Companion alone would justify the price of that volume.

For example it gives a very quick answer to a question that was asked
on this list not long ago: how to define the degree symbol. Here is the
one word answer: \textdegree.

The new LaTeX Companion is an incredibly informative volume: if anyone
is wavering, my suggestion would be get it immediately.

cheers

Adrian Heathcote

Sorry for the duplicate posting, but I thought those on the TeX on Mac
OSX list may like to know of this.