[OS X TeX] Gems from Japan: RPN2TeX and AutoTeX

Eric M. Austin ema at clemson.edu
Mon May 17 21:21:02 CEST 2004

>I see that your English is infinititely better than my Japanese which is
>absolute zero. Of course my German has become a ghost, my French isn't
>too bad and my Italien almost fair but I like your English a lot.
>
>But:
>I agree with Michael Hope as I have no idea what "modifying Path setting
>in a Preference window" means. This is not part of my universe.
>
>Even what Ramon M. Figueroa-Centeno wrote:
>
>     "/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/".
>
>makes zero sense to me. Could please someone take me by the hand, very
>gently, and tell me what to do? Please!

I just looked my TeXShop Preferences and copied my path for pdfTeX:

/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current

to both the latex and dvips paths requested by RPN2TeX.  This seems to work.

>Long live TeX.

and RPN!!!

At 9:34 PM -0400 5/16/04, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>I too was won over by RPN within 10 minutes of using it on the frst
>programable HP  (I think it was the 65, so called because it cost
>$650. Comm Coll of Phila, where I still teach, bought 6 of them!)

I'm pretty sure it was $800!   I remember the 35's being $400 until
the 45's came out, and then it was HP35: $300,  HP45: $400, and HP65
: $800.   I have a semi-working HP65 a neighbor gave to me.  What a
treasure!

EMA
Eric M. Austin, Ph.D., P.E.
Assistant Professor