[OS X TeX] Good price for books on TeX

Alan Curtis acurtis at ieee.org
Mon May 17 16:00:25 CEST 2004

On May 17, 2004, at 9:30 AM, Ross Moore wrote:

> On 17/05/2004, at 11:00 PM, Joseph C. Slater wrote:
>

>> On May 16, 2004, at 10:16 PM, John Maindonald wrote:
>>
>>> In Australia, good prices on many of these books are available from
>>> http://www.everythinglinux.com.au
>>>
>>> Kopka & Daly, 4ed is $A68.80
>>> Goossens: The Latex Companion 2/e is $A76.90
>>>
>>> Standard shipping (within Australia) is $A8.25
>>>

>> Thanks. I've added a note about this. Does anybody have any good
>> sources in the US? Other continents? Antarctica?
>
> For the US, (and Canada too ?) it'll be hard to do better than
>     http://tug.org/books/
> which started this thread.
>

> For Antarctica, the hard part would be getting there to collect it.
>  :-)

I would recommend the book search service at AddAll. It searches
several online bookstores in the US, Canada and Europe and lists the
price including shipping to many worldwide destinations. It does not
cover Antarctica, so I pretended that I wanted to ship to Africa in the
following examples.

http://www3.addall.com/New/submitNew.cgi?
query=0201362996&type=ISBN&location=50000&dispCurr=USD
http://www3.addall.com/New/submitNew.cgi?
query=0321173856&type=ISBN&location=50000&dispCurr=USD

Alan