[OS X TeX] Good price for books on TeX

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Mon May 17 15:49:15 CEST 2004

On May 17, 2004, at 9:30 AM, Ross Moore wrote:

> On 17/05/2004, at 11:00 PM, Joseph C. Slater wrote:
>

>> On May 16, 2004, at 10:16 PM, John Maindonald wrote:
>>
>>> In Australia, good prices on many of these books are available from
>>> http://www.everythinglinux.com.au
>>>
>>> Kopka & Daly, 4ed is $A68.80
>>> Goossens: The Latex Companion 2/e is $A76.90
>>>
>>> Standard shipping (within Australia) is $A8.25
>>>

>> Thanks. I've added a note about this. Does anybody have any good
>> sources in the US? Other continents? Antarctica?

I think I'm getting dizzy. I somehow mistook Europe for the US. At
least Australia is covered...

OK, so where is the place in Europe? tug.org/books as well?

> As for your 'Applications Table', are you going to add the utilities
> mentioned in the  'Gems from Japan' thread: RPN2TeX and AutoTeX ?

You should read the table more often.  I updated a couple hours ago. ;)

> The former app is just verrry cooool.

I know. I played with it last night some. I wish. I could hook my HP up
to the computer and use the calculator keystrokes. Now that would be
fast typesetting!