Re: [OS X TeX] how to get the ï character ?

Matthias Damm osxtex at macpla.net
Thu May 13 19:59:34 CEST 2004

Am 13.05.2004 um 04:40 schrieb Justin Walker:

> I dunno how portable that is.  What happens when you take the .tex file
> to, oh, say, a Windoze box and try to 'latex' it (however one does
> that)?

As long as you use a Latin encoding this should not make any problems
(as long as the editor on the other system is able to open a file in
the encoding you are using, but Latin1 will be available everywhere).
The best solution of course was to use UTF/Unicode in the first place,
which will probably work nicely on the Mac side, but you might run into
problems with windows editors not being able to open UTF files.

Best,
--mad

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macplanet.macbay.de/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41