[OS X TeX] using other extensions in TeXShop

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue May 11 21:57:08 CEST 2004

On 11 mei 2004, at 21:09, Julien Salort wrote:

> Doaitse Swierstra <doaitse at cs.uu.nl> wrote:
>
>> This raises I question I have posed to the author a while ago.
>>
>> I am using a personal script to preprocess a file which (for various
>> other reasons) is supposed to have the  extension .lhs . Unfortunately
>> if I open a file with this extension in TeXShop the coloring is not
>> there, and the buttons do not work.
>
> I wish lilypond .ly file had syntax coloring too.
>
> And it would be great if there were a « lilypond » button that would
> call lilypond if the document has a .ly name...

As to your first request: you can hack the Info.plist file and add your
extensions (take the dtx file as an example, I think it has index #15),
just copy and add. You'll find the info.plist file in the application
bundle of TeXShop (right click on the applications). The second request
you might then handle by using the personal scripts.

No guerantees, it might be that TeXShop decides on the colouring when
it opens, not by the type given in the plist file. In that case, hack
the source.

Maarten